Thursday, October 6, 2011

Guess what. I'm not sorry.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately; I'm always comparing myself to other people, thinking I couldn't possibly be friends with this person or have someone "like that" be interested in me, constantly apologizing for who I am. But guess what. I'm not sorry. I'm really not. Because who I am is good enough for me.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Psalm 139:14
I always seem to forget that. I'm usually busy worrying about what he thinks, what she thinks, what they think. When really all that matters is what He thinks and what I think. And I think that I like who I am. I like who he has made me.

I like that I am the type of person who will willingly wear a tiara all day on my birthday to make these little ones happy.


I like that even though I have an extreme fear of horses ( being near them, riding them, the sounds they make. yeah.) None of that stops me from the extreme love I have for them.
  
I like that my friend and I are able to laugh off ripping and falling right through her hammock instead of thinking we're "fat".

I especially like that I am finally able to realize that I am who I am for a reason and there are people who love me for who I am. If I'm not "good enough" for someone that isn't my burden it is theirs.
I am happy with who I am.
Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment