Monday, October 17, 2011

Homecoming.

Homecoming for us is in about a week and I haven't been asked. This means the night of the dance I will be: a) watching movies at home, eating ice cream and painting my nails OR b) doing some kind of outrageous anti-homecoming ritual with my friends. (Most likely the first one.)
I'm extremely stereotypical when it comes to these things; sue me.
I don't really know what it is about this particular dance, but every single year I have been pining to go. I mean, it's just about the same thing as prom (which I absolutely hated) but for some reason it sounds SO much more appealing to me than prom ever did.
Let's compare shall we?
Homecoming:
  • Lots of hype... no real reason for the hype.
  • Dresses (short dresses)
  • Heels
  • Corsages
  • Boutinieres
  • Limos
  • Lots of pictures
  • VERY minimal dancing
Prom:
  • Lots of hype... still no reason for it.
  • Dresses (long dresses)
  • Heels
  • Corsages
  • Boutinieres
  • Limos
  • Lots of pictures
  • VERY minimal dancing
So what's the difference here?
Dress length?
Conclusion: I want a reason to buy a cute short dress.

Cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment